Relationships

Find a Friend in Your City: April 2017

Earlier this year, I shared what might be my favorite post of all time. Connecting people is one of my favorite things to do and I know what it’s like to want/need new friends. Just 6 years ago I was leaving LA for Chicago–a city where I didn’t know anyone. And as luck would have it, I’ve met some of the most important people in my life online (like my business partner and other close friends).

So I decided to use my blog to help others connect, too.

This group got together in Chicago last month! I wanted to be there but got engaged the night before and Conor made plans for us that morning. There are now over 55 women who have connected here in Chicago! Amazing, right?

And we can’t forget the DC ladies! I also heard from two old interns in MN and OH who each made a new friend.

So how does this work? It’s pretty simple.

Include your city IN CAPS (first) and a little bit about yourself and your instagram handle, too. Before posting, scroll all the way down and if you see your city, reply to that comment.

A big thanks to Emily and Kat for helping organize Chicago and DC and for the photos, too! If you meet anyone and hit it off please shoot me an email. I’d love to post another successful follow-up in a few months.

98 comments
  • sjv214

April 24, 2017 at 1:46 am
    SAN FRANCISCO// I've just moved to San Francisco from LA. Prior to that, I was in NYC for 7 years. Midwestern born & raised, University of Georgia grad loving being back in a city (after NYC) again. As much as I love being near my family, I am just not a So Cal gal, hence the move to SF! Would love to meet some new friends. IG: @sjv214.
  • Rhiannon Buehne

April 21, 2017 at 12:38 pm
    GRIFFITH, IN-close to Chicago, but would love to meet someone in/near NW Indiana. Insta: @rhiannonbuehne
  • Eight: New Website and Office Kitchen |

April 20, 2017 at 12:11 pm
    […] Find a Friend in Your City No. 2 […]
  • Hannah Nowack

April 19, 2017 at 9:48 pm
    ATLANTA, GA - I just moved here from Colorado, but I'm originally from DC! I didn't know anyone when I moved here but work as an event planner! Insta: @hjnowack
  • Molly Pinera

April 17, 2017 at 9:47 am
    MILWAUKEE, WI- Just moved to the midwest from Texas! Would love to get to know some new people in the area! Insta: @mollypinera
  • Melanie Camacho

April 13, 2017 at 9:45 pm
    BOSTON, MA- Finishing up my B.A. in Broadcast Journalism. I'll be here over the summer! I've never been in Boston in the summer, so I'm excited to see my favorite neighborhoods during the long, warm season and drink tons of iced coffee! My Instagram is melanie_camacho :)
  • Taylor

April 11, 2017 at 1:02 pm
    MINNEAPOLIS, MN Anyone in the Twin Cities? Would love to grab coffee and meet some new people! Insta tayloramber09
  • Ava James

April 10, 2017 at 11:32 am
    ST. LOUIS, MO Any ladies in STL? Always looking for friends to try new restaurants! Insta @callyvs
  • Taylor W

April 10, 2017 at 10:18 am
    PORTLAND, OR - I've lived here my whole life but would love to make some new friends to check out fun restaurants and go wine tasting with! My IG is @taytay2983
  • Angie Kao

April 9, 2017 at 6:51 pm
    CHARLOTTE, NC. I moved here about a year ago not knowing a SOUL and am in love with this city but would love to meet some other girls! I love eating and having adventures and traveling. My insta is angie_kao :):)
  • Michelle C

April 9, 2017 at 12:15 pm
    WALNUT CREEK, CA - Hi! I grew up in the area and graduated college a couple years ago then became a nanny. Most of my friends have moved away and I would to love to meet some more girls to grab coffee, lunch, shop and find some adventures in the Bay Area! @michellecuevas_
  • Renee C.

April 9, 2017 at 11:31 am
    NASHVILLE, TN- Hi! I very recently moved to Nashville. I'm a Nurse Practitioner and would love to meet some girls to explore with! Find me on IG @eenerac
  • Caitlin Mac

April 9, 2017 at 11:10 am
    PHILADELPHIA, PA- Hi ladies! Any Philly gals? I moved here from Florida about a year ago and would love to connect with some new people! @misscaitlinmac
  • TheTsarina

April 9, 2017 at 9:30 am
    WASHINGTON, DC or ALEXANDRIA, VA - I would love some new girl friends and as a nanny sometimes it's a struggle to meet people over the age of 10 - Instagram @myczarina !
  • Angie Schuster

April 9, 2017 at 12:24 am
    PHOENIX - I've lived in AZ my whole life, but after graduating from journalism school in May most of my friends moved across the country for media jobs. I'm a content writer at FinTech company and love sit in coffee shops (although I drink tea), try new restaurants and mosey around farmers markets! IG - @angieschuster
  • Vaneesha Pause

April 8, 2017 at 11:45 pm
    EAST COSTA MESA/NEWPORT CALIFORNIA- (Orange County) My husband and 3 little girls just relocated to the area from Chicago (we were there for 14years!) we are enjoying it here but I would love to connect and meet some friends here as well. :-)
  • Alyssa W

April 8, 2017 at 8:29 pm
    NASHVILLE, TN... hi everyone, I recently just uprooted my life and moved to Nashville for a new adventure. Would love to explore the the city and meet some new gal pals!!! @awilkin21
  • Gabby

April 8, 2017 at 7:27 pm
    MIAMI, fl! Love to meet new people in this city! Find me on Instagram @gabbyportela
  • Jennifer

April 8, 2017 at 6:26 pm
    GREENVILLE, South Carolina! Just moved down with my husband in January and would love to meet some friends! My Instagram is @jtblair707!
  • Jessica Fralin

April 8, 2017 at 3:07 pm
    NASHVILLE, TN - Hi friends! I'm a freelance writer. I've lived here for almost two years & am still totally smitten with the city! I'd love to meet up with any other Nashville gals sometime soon :)
  • Bonnie Bakhtiari

April 8, 2017 at 2:18 pm
    WACO, TX - this may be a long shot, but I'd love to know if there are any Wacoans out there! I'm a small business owner, golden retriever mom, and an avid lover of margaritas and chips and salsa. My Instagram handle is @bonniejoymarie, and I'd love to connect with y'all!
  • Sally Freeman

April 8, 2017 at 2:00 pm
    LOS ANGELES - Hi! Any LA gals here? Another girl and I from the previous post are planning to get together soon, join us!! Find me: @sallyfreeeman on insta :)
  • Rafaela

April 8, 2017 at 4:06 am
    London UK here! @rafaelazb on Insta
  • Tressa

April 7, 2017 at 11:19 pm
    SEATTLE! My husband is from here but I'm from Austin, Texas. I love it here but would love some more friends! @tarbo328
  • Nicole Cranley

April 7, 2017 at 7:46 pm
    CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina! I've been living in the area for less than a year and have recently started my own blog! Would love an opportunity to meet some fellow boss babes out there in the Triangle/NC area! @thedoctorette
  • Amy Newton

April 7, 2017 at 7:03 pm
    NEW YORK! I'm moving there in May and would love to meet some new friends! @aimznewton
  • Jessica R

April 7, 2017 at 6:49 pm
    CHICAGO - moved here a year and a half ago via Oakland, Ann Arbor, DC and Houston (isn't moving around what your 20s are for?) @thisisjro
  • Haley Stephenson

April 7, 2017 at 6:33 pm
    OAKLAND, California! We moved here three years ago via Chicago. Would love to make more friends in the Bay Area! @haleytaylorstephenson
  • Dana Zillgitt