Home

Condo Update

img_0503

As of yesterday afternoon, the last of our lighting fixtures were unpacked, ceiling were medallions installed, and the final touches were made on our kitchen. There’s still a good amount of decorating to do–nightstands, curtain rods (and curtains), a new dining table, and a few other additions, too. But this place is coming together and is finally starting to feel like home.

My friend kept asked how I was handling everything since I usually unpack in 24 hours. The pile of boxes in our living room were annoying and we were only able to start cooking in early December, but it really wasn’t that bad. Just took longer for it to actually feel like home, but this move was a lesson in patience–one that I probably needed. It meant daily take-out and a whole lot of kitchfix but we made it.

Seriously though. How pretty is that ceiling medallion? They questioned us when we talked about adding one without a light fixture and I’m so glad we went for it.
fullsizerender-2
Processed with VSCO with s2 presetFiguring out what to do in our living room has been a challenge. Our new Interior Define x The Everygirl Caitlin sofa arrived in Narwhal and it’s absolutely stunning, so much that we ended up ordering a second instead of finding two chairs or a chaise. So the two sofas will face each other and we’re adding a chair, TV stand (need to find something vintage), and maybe a new rug.

You may recall my being torn between white and grey when I moved into my last place. Well, I ended up going with white but really wanted contrast in our new home. So we sold the white sofa to my landlord (who is now renting my old furnished home on Airbnb) and ordered the same one in dark grey velvet. Processed with VSCO with s2 presetConor did such a great job designing our kitchen and after all this time, I can’t believe it’s actually done. It’s been so nice to be able to cook again and I’m really feeling all this marble.Processed with VSCO with a6 presetThere will be quite a few changes–a new dining table, maybe new dining chairs, a bench cushion, and pillows.Processed with VSCO with s2 presetI’ve loved waking up to this ceiling medallion and bedroom light from France and Son.Processed with VSCO with a6 preset
And our new mirror from Anthropologie is under $300.
Processed with VSCO with a6 presetJust wanted to share a little of the progress we’ve made. More updates soon!

21 comments
  • Courteney Fox

January 5, 2017 at 9:31 pm
    Hello - Your condo looks great! I am wondering if your old place is still on Airbnb.... it's a lovely place! I have friends coming in town and thought it would be perfect for them. Thanks!
  • Kendal Rogers

December 30, 2016 at 12:17 pm
    LOVING how it's coming together! And where is that seriously stylish pup bed from? I'm always on the hunt for good looking ones.
  • Mary

December 20, 2016 at 11:23 am
    Lovely! Reminds me of Paris. :) Do you mind sharing the paint color you used?
  • Maria Fernanda Roman

December 16, 2016 at 4:26 pm
    It's looking so great!!
  • Kira @ The Imperfectionist

December 16, 2016 at 10:35 am
    Love the updates, Danielle! Beautiful stuff. xo, Kira | www.theimperfectionistblog.com
  • Megan

December 15, 2016 at 7:31 pm
    I love everything about this! The fixtures are amazing. All of your decor is right up my alley! Beautiful job. <3 Xo, Megan at <a href="http://lushtoblush.com/" rel="nofollow">Lush to Blush</a>
  • Erica

December 15, 2016 at 3:00 pm
    It looks fantastic! I was also wondering how you were doing with the lengthy move-in since you usually unpack so quickly. It sounds like you handled it wonderfully. Happy holidays!
  • Yolonda J. Washington

December 15, 2016 at 11:51 am
    Danielle, Your place is coming together well. The marble is amazing and Conor is welcome to come to Texas anytime to do my kitchen. Also, we seem to like the same colors right now, my place is gray, black white, and a soft pink. You can see some of it here. http://www.stylefragment.com/home/2016/10/12/my-living-room I can't wait to see the finished apartment.
  • Jane

December 15, 2016 at 10:26 am
    Looks great! I just had the same fixture installed in my bedroom, I love what you did with the ceiling medallion. What size did you purchase?
  • Brittany Cerminara

December 15, 2016 at 9:47 am
    Thanks Danielle!
  • Sarah

December 15, 2016 at 9:43 am
    I'm obsessed with those two couches in that fabric and color. Also, I LOVE LOVE when two couches face each other. It's almost a vintage set up nowadays. It's the way a lot of old homes used to be set up (because everything did not revolve around facing a television) and when I have my own home someday, I plan on doing the same. It looks just awesome.
  • Brittany Cerminara

December 15, 2016 at 9:21 am
    Looks so fabulous! Is the rug the same West Elm Jute?