Home

My home tour / living room and bedroom

Rue-Stoffer Photography 0078

Part two of the home tour continues with my living room and bedroom. Although my living room is just a few steps away from my “office” I did my best to make it feel like its own little space. The gold athena tray from Jayson Home and Garden is one of my favorite things in this room and seems to receive the most attention. I also love my little gallery wall.

Buying a white sofa made me a little nervous, but the slipcover is washable and Buddy knows three important commands.
1. Get off the couch / he is allowed everywhere, but I prefer that he not jump on the cushions after a walk
2. Get on your blanket / said so he will sit on his blanket on the sofa as opposed to my cushions
3. Take your treat to your bed / he now takes his treats directly to his bed to avoid getting crumbs everywhere

I may sound crazy, but these are Buddy’s only “rules.” Just ask anyone who knows me. He’s a pampered little pup.

Rue-Stoffer Photography 0095

Sofa & frames / Pottery Barn
Throw, lacquer tray, grey pillow & rug / West Elm
Chanel print / Cathryn’s Designs
Fashion print, top center / Jessica Durrant
Fashion print, bottom right / Paper Fashion
New York & beach photography / me
Top right photograph / my grandfather at work
Dog map art / Scratch and Sniff
Damask pillows / Shabby Chic
Mirror & floor lamp / Thrift store
Coffee table / Ballard Designs
Capri blue candle / Anthropologie
Gold Athena Tray  & hydrangeas / Jayson Home & Garden
Pouf / eBay, $100
Safari dog bed / Harry Barker
Best pal, roommate & assistant / Buddy the rescue pup
Lamp / Pottery Barn
Lotus flower dish & gold ribbed votive holder + love fern / Jayson Home & Garden
Table / Scout

My bedroom was unfinished until September of last year and will feel truly complete once I have my Camden tufted headboard from Ballard Designs in slate grey or maybe a sandy/off white color. Oh, how I love to pine over these decisions. Let’s not forget that it took 16 months and 5 days to paint my entry.

danielle moss rue home tour-6

danielle moss rue home tour-9danielle moss rue home tour-8

Photography by stoffer photography for rue magazine

39 comments
  • Katherine Krieg

April 5, 2012 at 11:16 pm
    this is positively lovely!! where is the non-PB sham from? (or at least i cant find it on PB...)
  • Stacy D

March 11, 2012 at 7:44 pm
    Danielle... This is beautiful! You've done such a great job with your home! I was wondering if you painted the walls white or if they were like that when you moved in. If you painted them, what is the name of the color you used? We are redoing our bedroom and are thinking of painting it white. Thanks :)
  • Joie de Vivre

February 11, 2012 at 7:33 pm
    This is amazing! I'm inspired by every detail of your place! Wow! xx<br /><br />joiedevivre5.blogspot.com
  • sunnysideshlee.com

February 7, 2012 at 3:50 pm
    I love this but I seriously do not know how you do it. I also have a min pin rescue and her little black hairs embed themselves everywhere! My pup isn't allowed on furniture at all...she has enough dog beds and places to cuddle up ... but I still find her hair on the tufts of my bed where I'm constantly having to go to town with a lint roller.
  • Adventures in Dressmaking

February 1, 2012 at 4:06 am
    So beautiful! Love the soft colors! Ohhh, it's all so wonderful!
  • virr

January 25, 2012 at 7:26 am
    wow! I love your home, especially your desk!! <br />virrrrrr.blogspot.com
  • Whit

January 23, 2012 at 4:38 am
    Beautiful! Love the white and gray!<br /><br />http://thewhitlistblog.blogspot.com/
  • winetastegirl.com

January 23, 2012 at 3:57 am
    Everything looks so pretty but what I can't get over is that you got that pouf for $100???? I'm so jealous! I've been eying those in Serena and Lily but they are way more than $100. Great find.
  • Pawleys Island Posh

January 21, 2012 at 5:53 pm
    Your home is so beautiful. Soooo glad I found your blog and congrats on all your recent success! xoxox
  • JennySue

January 21, 2012 at 2:26 am
    wow, you have amazing decor taste!! which is no surprise seeing as though you had such an eye for re-doing my blog! maybe you should start up an online interior decorating service now, where i could send you photos of my bedroom disaster and you could tell me how to re-do it!! on top of all of your other projects...ha!! have another glass of wine girl!!
  • Erika [small shop]

January 20, 2012 at 6:42 am
    Completely gorgeous photos and styling! So much inspiration here as I maniacally style my own home for a shoot on Tuesday! Love how crisp, clean yet feminine your style is. You are so so chic!
  • Chic Coastal Living

January 20, 2012 at 3:51 am
    Beauiful home and great pictures!
  • Blue Turtle

January 20, 2012 at 3:12 am
    I always love white. Your interior is a perfect example of using the color white. Very lovely!<br /><br />Susan @ <a href="http://www.interiordesignpro.org/interior-designer-directory/" rel="nofollow">Interior Design Pro</a>
  • Tiffany

January 20, 2012 at 2:47 am
    Oh my gosh---amazing. Beautiful! Perfect! Makes me want to just move out of my house, leave everything and start over! I love it all!<br /><br />~Tiffany<br />http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com
  • Jaclyn Kaye

January 20, 2012 at 2:24 am
    Your home is absolutely stunning! Thanks for giving us a peek into it. Best of luck with The Every Girl, you deserve it!
  • elembee.com

January 20, 2012 at 1:13 am
    I absolutely love your apartment, so glad we finally get to see it! It was definitely worth the wait.<br /><br />And that feather tray needs to come live with me.
  • Alyssa {Second Floor Living}

January 19, 2012 at 9:43 pm
    More Jayson goodies for me to pine over!! I love Buddies little rules & wish I could teach my kittens the same way. They're either stubborn or pretending not to understand!
  • Cara {An Urban Cottage}

January 19, 2012 at 8:12 pm
    The Jayson feather dish is totally on my wish list! Also LOVE all of the fashion prints; I'm picking a few out for my place but don't think I can get away with as many or else the boy might catch on!<br /><br />Cara<br />P.S. Every girl needs a little best buddy, assistant, roommate!
  • Natalie

January 19, 2012 at 7:18 pm
    Please come to my home and style a gallery wall for me? Yours is perfect! Love how clean and fresh everything feels. And you got your pouf from eBay? Girl after my own heart!
  • Kirby

January 19, 2012 at 6:34 pm
    Thank you for sharing! I might just copy you on the DIY art project, love it!<br /><br />Kirby<br />http://www.theshortandthesweetofit.com/
  • jillian nicole

January 19, 2012 at 6:06 pm
    Your home is so gorgeous and pristine! Beautiful!:)
  • Lindsay

January 19, 2012 at 5:52 pm
    I have a white slip cover couch too and I adore it. Your place has the best light! I love all the little gold touches too :)
  • La Maison Boheme

January 19, 2012 at 5:50 pm
    Just gorgeous. What a beautiful, well-appointed, lighter-than-air home you have! Great work!
  • Danielle Moss

January 19, 2012 at 5:01 pm
    Buddy sleeps on his own little blanket on my bed which prevents hair from getting all over everything. He will usually hang out on his bed or the blanket on my sofa during the day. <br /><br />And when that fails...lint rollers!
  • Ashley {styleash}

January 19, 2012 at 4:45 pm
    That first shot of your living room is perfect!
  • Marcie

January 19, 2012 at 4:22 pm
    I love all the white! It looks so clean! I just have one question... how do you keep all the dog hair off everything?
  • Champagne Cocktails, Cashmere Dreams

January 19, 2012 at 4:12 pm
    love your apartment!! I adore neutrals with grey and with pink in the living and bedroom! Also, that coffee table is amazing it really comes together with the texture of the rug! Love it all!!!<br /><br />stop by if you have time!<br />http://champagnecocktailscashmeredreams.blogspot.com/
  • ashley nicole catherine

January 19, 2012 at 3:59 pm
    i lovelovelove your place! how is it i still haven't seen in person. must remedy this soon. xo
  • TheChambrayCountess

January 19, 2012 at 3:56 pm
    LOVE your home! You have done a great job creating a clean space of neutrals that is still cozy and inviting.
  • natasha {schue love}

January 19, 2012 at 3:49 pm
    Still loving the neutral palette! So many amazing touches! :)
  • Sara

January 19, 2012 at 3:00 pm
    I love your home! You have such a great sense of style!
  • Viviana

January 19, 2012 at 2:55 pm
    You really have a dream home! Everything is so perfect and pretty!
  • Liz {Sequins And Stripes}

January 19, 2012 at 2:54 pm
    I can attest to every one of Buddy's commands, except "go see your friend" should be a part of this list! Adore your little apartment!
  • Molly Rasmussen

January 19, 2012 at 2:40 pm
    After looking at the images the past few days I'm officially in love with your home! You have done such an incredible job with your home design! xo
  • christin

January 19, 2012 at 2:39 pm
    I LOVE your apartment. My apartment is all white and it doesn't look nearly as ill as yours. But then again, I don't wanna be a poser.
  • Megan - Style Me Swanky

January 19, 2012 at 2:33 pm
    I want to jump into those photos! You are a fantastic designer. Love your colors.
  • hrck the herald

January 19, 2012 at 2:28 pm
    SO cheered to hear that that painting was an easy DIY one! I've had it on the brain since I first started seeing these pictures, and I'd really like to recreate my own. Off to see if I can find a tutorial anywhere...
  • Tiffany @ Savor Home

January 19, 2012 at 2:19 pm
    Everything looks so cozy! You did a great job on the headboard and I love the barcart. Oh and Buddy is the perfect accessory... :)
  • Jackie {York Avenue}

January 19, 2012 at 2:13 pm
    I'm so in love with your apartment! It really is perfect. I love the way you've hung your art, the sofa looks so cooshy and inviting, and I just love all the white and little touches of gold and pink. You have such a great eye and style. I truly love the whole space!